Friday, 27 April 2007

its all about me

I have thought about starting a blog for a while now. The one thing that has kept me back is that I am still waiting for a referral from my hospital for gynecology, so i was worried that i wouldn't have much to write. I have found that is not the case. What with my whole circle of friends either parents or expecting in the last 18 months,(and no, this is not a exaggeration.) I feel like i cant talk to them about this. And if I hear 'Don't worry about it, i don't know why you want a baby anyway' one more time ..... well u know the rest.
We are still TTC, as i was told by the doctor to keep trying, you never know ....... yeah right. I'm not complaining about the trying part anyway. Fun Fun Fun.
I was told i had PCOS about 6 months ago. I have a had suspicions about it for a couple of years, since i have nearly all the symptoms of it. Unfortunately, i'm a 'bury my head in the sand' person, and only recently got the balls to actually go to the doctor about it.
As well as this being an infertility blog, it will be a dieting one too. I know the symptoms of PCOS can decrease when weight is lost, and i have a whole lot of weight to lose. So any hint or tips are much appreciated.

1 comment:

Aisha said...

I totally understand. I had a miscarriage in June and after the dust settled, learned that I have PCOS. He recommended blood tests and placing me on something called Metformin. With metformin I should be able to lose the weight I have been fighting to lose and it will help regulate my hormones. It will control the symptoms of PCOS and can help you get pregnant. Do a search in google about Metformin and PCOS to read more.

I understand how you feel about everyone around you being pregnant. What gets me is that people who aren't ready to get pregnant do so so easily. But don't dwell in that negative energy. All that worrying won't help you get pregnant. And there are things that can be done. My thoughts are with you. :)
Aisha